Winter edition 2023
frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Winter edition 2023
frequently asked questions (FAQ)
HELP PAGE TO AVOID PANIC!
HELP PAGE TO AVOID PANIC!
Do you have a question? Browse through our frequently asked questions, you’re sure to find an answer! Other problems?
virtual edition 2022
For a second year, the Festival is going virtual. All indoor presentations have been suspended. But there are advantages to not being able to meet up like we have been doing for several years!
Once you have purchased your ticket, you will be able to watch the films at your own pace and on the device of your choice. Remember! You have 30 days to watch your films. These 30 days start right after the purchase confirmation of your ticket.
Although there are two distinct movie programs available, we recommend that you opt for the BIG ADVENTURE package, which gives you access to 18 movies for a total of just over 4.5 hours of adventure (all movies in the Red and Blue programs).
BEFORE YOU BUY. Make sure your equipment is compatible with the viewing platform of our partner LEPOINTDEVENTE by going here
The films are screened via a video-on-demand platform. This year, we are pleased to announce that we have retained the services of a Quebec company: LEPOINTDEVENTE.COM.
Each program is composed of several short and medium length films. If you choose the program THE GREAT ADVENTURE, you will have access to 18 films with a total duration of a little over 4h30. If you choose one of the simple programs (Red or Blue), you have access to 9 films with a total duration of 132 to 148 minutes.
NEW STARTING MARCH 1, 2022. You have 30 days to watch all the movies! You can stop the movie and resume it at any time you want. You can also watch each movie up to two times (for your personal use).
IMPORTANT. The 30 days viewing period starts immediately after the purchase of your ticket. After that, the films will no longer be available. BEFORE YOU BUY. Make sure your equipment is compatible with the viewing platform of our partner LEPOINTDEVENTE by going HERE
NEW STARTING MARCH 1, 2022. You have 30 days to watch all the movies! That viewing period starts right after the purchase of your ticket. You can stop the movie and resume it at any time you want. You can also watch each movie up to two times (for your personal use).
Following the announcement of the Government of Quebec, theaters are closed since December 20, 2021 for an indefinite period. This measure has forced us to suspend the indoor performances planned for the 2022 Tour.
For those of you who have purchased a ticket for one of the originally scheduled performances, you will find below the status of the situation for each venue. Depending on the venue you have a ticket for, you have been offered a transfer to virtual, a postponement to 2023 or a refund.
As of January 20, the vast majority of venues have completed this process with you by phone, email or text. In some cases, a credit has already been applied to your credit card (see your Online Statement).
Below is a list of all cities originally scheduled for the tour and their status as of January 20, 2022.
The festival team thanks you for your patience and understanding. And we hope to see you with us for this virtual edition 2022 which starts on January 20th!
To purchase a ticket for the virtual edition: banffquebec.ca
STATUS BY ROOM
– Montreal : Refunds are over. For web purchases, a refund has been made directly to the card used (this will appear on your statement between January 10th and 14th). For purchases made by phone, all customers have been called as of January 19th.
– Laval: refunds completed
– Levis: exchange for virtual format, deferral to 2023 or refund via Lepointdevente.com. Deadline for refunds: January 20, 2022. After this date, your ticket will be automatically postponed to 2023
– Longueuil : refunds completed
– Drummondville: refunds completed
– Trois-Rivières: postponement for 2023 or refund, in progress
– Salaberry-de-Valleyfield: refunds begin the week of January 10
– Montreal English: exchange for virtual format, defer to 2023 or refund via Lepointdevente.com. Deadline for refunds: January 20, 2022. After this date, your ticket will be automatically postponed to 2023
– Quebec City: postponement to 2023 or refund; in progress
– Sherbrooke: postponement to 2023 or refund; in progress
– Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu: refunds completed
– Sainte-Hyacinthe: exchange for virtual format, deferral to 2023 or refund via Lepointdevente.com. Refund deadline: January 20, 2022. After this date, your ticket will be automatically postponed to 2023
– Gatineau : refunds in progress
– Rouyn-Noranda: refunds completed
– Saint-Jérôme: exchange for the virtual format, deferral to 2023 or refund via Lepointdevente.com. Deadline for refunds: January 20, 2022. After this date, your ticket will be automatically postponed to 2023
– Jonquière: postponement to 2023 or refund, in progress
– Rimouski: refunds completed
– Baie-Saint-Paul: exchange for the virtual format, deferral to 2023 or refund via Lepointdevente.com. Deadline for refunds: January 20, 2022. After this date, your ticket will be automatically postponed to 2023
– Victoriaville : refunds completed
– Saint-Eustache : refunds completed
– Joliette : refunds completed
Yes, the virtual box office will be open until June 30, 2022.
For programs marked English on the box office, films are shown in their original language and English subtitles are added only if the narration is in a language other than English.
” It’s a personal decision, says Stéphane Corbeil, the tour’s instigator. Am I alone in listening to the films or will there be more than one person in front of the screen?” An advantageous pricing is offered for people who want to be in solidarity with the Quebec tour by opting for the Household option, which takes into account that several people will enjoy the films together in the same house. Please note that this ticket is not intended to be used in a classroom, in a business or in any other public place. Thank you to everyone for staying tuned to this annual event!
Yes, you can stop the movie as many times as you like during viewing and then resume it at your convenience, the same day or at another time. You can also watch each movie up to two times (for your personal use).
No. It is not possible to watch a program on several screens simultaneously. Just as a viewing link cannot be shared with others.
On which device should I listen to the movies? How do I use my Chromecast, XBOX, Apple TV and more? Check out this page
In case of lag (lag time, repetitive stops during viewing) consult this page to find the answer.
Note regarding AirPlay and casting. Depending on your device version and operating system, some people have experienced problems. If the recommendations on the above recommended help page don’t give you the answer, try this one.
The VPN or the fact that your network provider is based outside the geo-restricted area may explain the problem. The technical team will be able to verify your location and, if necessary, whitelist your IP address manually. Please note that we hold the broadcast rights for the Canadian territory only.
VIRTUAL EDITION 2023
The 2023 Tour will begin in theatres on January 18 and will travel to some 20 cities in Quebec until March 4. After this date, a program of films will be offered in virtual mode. At this time, it is impossible to confirm whether the virtual program will be identical or distinct from the one presented in theaters. More details to come in the winter of 2023.
How does the virtual version of the Festival work?
BEFORE BUYING. Please check the compatibility of your equipment with the eventive viewing platform by going to this page.
How does the screening work?
Is there a limited number of tickets available?
AVANT D’ACHETER. Be sure to check the compatibility of your equipment with the eventive viewing platform by visiting th page (available in 4 languages).
Is there a deadline for purchasing a ticket?
How do I purchase a ticket?
- Connect your computer with an HDMI cable (definitely the easiest solution!)
- Download the Eventive TV application on Apple TV (generation 4 or higher) or Roku devices
- Use AirPlay if you have a Mac or iOSO device
- Use Chromecast to "launch" from the Chrome launched from a computer or Android device
What is the difference between Solo and Household tickets
How to give a ticket as a gift?
- Want to buy it now but send it later? Simply purchase the ticket by entering your email address. The purchase confirmation will be sent to your address. When you are ready to send it to the lucky person, you must log in to your Eventive account created at the time of purchase and click on the little wheel in front of the purchased ticket. The option to transfer the ticket will then be available. Simply enter the email address of the person in question.
- Want to buy the ticket and give it away right away? Once you have clicked on the program you want to give away (Blue, Red, Radical Reel or Double Program), you then need to click on the (very) small line with a heart in front of it, labeled "Give as a gift". Then simply answer the questions that appear on the screen.
I did not receive an email confirmation
Can I go back and restart a movie?
Can I watch a program on different screens at the same time? Non, il n’est pas possible de visionner un programme sur plusieurs écrans en simultanée.
BEFORE BUYING. Be sure to check the compatibility of your equipment with the eventive viewing platform by visiting th page (available in 4 languages).